Bliss is keeping you safe and COVID-19 Secure in 2020
In light of the latest government announcement, Bliss is adhering to the local and regional tier system and advice, as always, we remain uncompromising in our approach to cleanliness. We’re open and happy to welcome you all back again, in the meantime, if anything changes we of course will be in contact directly. We want to assure you that we’ve taken every step stipulated by the government to ensure our hotel is safe to open with your safety being the first priority.
We’ve carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment for the hotel, every nook and cranny have been scrutinised. We’ve ramped up the cleaning from our reception to all rooms and especially in high touch areas, with our relentless pursuit of perfection we aim to keep our standards high and your safety paramount.
There are handwashing and hygiene procedures in place at key areas throughout the hotel in line with guidance. So, you’ll be in safe (and clean) hands when you stay or visit.
At any stage, you feel we don’t comply please let us know. All reasonable steps have been applied to maintain a 2m safe distance throughout all hotel areas, we’d love to greet you with a Blissful hug or handshake, but we’re afraid that’ll have to wait. We’ve done everything practical to manage transmission risk, so, please limit contact with other guests and staff when and where possible.
We’ve appointed a Safety Champion for the hotel, (which isn’t Betty, but she’ll be around to say hello) who has specific duties to safeguard us all.
If you have any concerns about what we’re doing or suggestions on how we can improve during this difficult time, please do let me know, I am contactable via a member of the team. We need to Stay Safe Together.
Below are the steps we have, and will be taking, with your safety front of mind.
1. Always welcome you with a friendly smile however it will be from a safe distance. Just practice your royal wave.
2. Not lose our personal touch however we will be operating a contactless check-in/check-out service where possible and encouraging you to pre-pay to reduce interactions.
3. Mark out a safe distance to queue – It’s what Brits were born to do!
4. Make way for our guests to pass safely, please don’t be surprised if you see a member of the team walking away to maintain a safe distance. They’re not shy it’s just our job to keep you and our team safe
5. Refrain from holding doors open and limit contact in ‘high touch’ areas.
6. Supply safety stations with sanitiser, wipes, and gloves at key points throughout the hotel. You will have the cleanest hands ever.
7. Encourage you to use the bathroom in your room although public toilets will be available. Just think of the step count it will help justify a drink when you come back down.
8. Increase our cleaning rotations especially in ‘high touch’ areas, e.g. lift buttons, door handles, etc and in the words of Rihanna, they’ll shine bright like a diamond.
9. Ensure our team return to work with completed health declarations to prove they are fit for work; they will also have completed our internal COVID-19 training programme. Even Betty has had the download on what to do.
10. Still deliver great hospitality, but we will be limiting contact between staff and customers. We won’t be throwing your food across the room to you, but we’ll be thinking of your comfort and safety.
11. Help you increase your step count by limiting lift usage and introducing ‘Flows’ a one-way system.
12. Only enter your room on request so we will not automatically clean your bedroom each day, it will only be on request, however, the team will of course provide clean towels, sheets, and toiletries.
13. Limit access to our leisure facilities to ensure you can work out in a safe and super clean environment.
14. Provide fewer amenities in your room; we’re not cutting corners just ensuring that risk is reduced and to make the cleaning process more thorough.
15. Use protective shields to protect both you and the team so please don’t be alarmed we are not expecting a riot we just want to keep you safe.
16. Be more Bliss, which is always warm and welcoming. We will still do this, but we’ll have to do so from a safe distance, for now at least.